Wednesday, March 16, 2016

MFEO

I must share what is maybe one of the more exciting days in my life, which can be used as a barometer by you to determine how incredible my life is on daily basis. 

Over the weekend, I received this in the mail. To be fair, I knew it was coming since I ordered it myself. 


For those of you who do not understand this Golden Girls reference...well, I'm not quite sure why you visit this blog since you clearly don't have anything in common with me. 

Anyway, I came out and CB was like "Oh wow. There's something wrong with you." And then continued on with his day, which is the first reason to know that we're MFEO. 

The SECOND is because, randomly the other morning, I received this text from him:

CB: Is it me or is this jar of peanut butter mislabeled? I mean, there are a couple peanuts in there but "Superchunk" is just straight up false advertising.

Which was like MIND-READING since I was just thinking to myself earlier that morning how creamy the chunky peanut butter was. So I responded: 

Me: Yes! I thought the same thing! It's so creamy!!

And then we went about our days. 

However, in the middle of the day yesterday, I got this email from CB: 

"I just wrote to Hormel....they own Skippy and their website has a questions/comments/etc section so I figured I'd tell them I was disappointed in our recent Super Chunk...check it out: 

My wife and I buy 2 jars of Skippy Super Chunk peanut butter per week and yesterday I opened the container and with the exception of a couple of uncrushed peanuts, it was the smoothest peanut butter I'd ever seen. I love Skippy but I will have to buy a different brand if the Super Chunk continues to look like creamy peanut butter. 

Sincerely, 
A Disappointed Skippy Fan"

To which I responded that first, he makes us sound like fatties who buy two jars of peanut butter a week. To be clear, we buy one, but he told me later that it was "for effect and to get the point across that we're loyal consumers." 

Noted. 

I take full responsibility for creating this monster and I love it. Also, he said that he did it for two reasons: 1, to make me laugh and 2, because maybe they'd send us a free jar of peanut butter and that would be awesome. 

Because, as indicated above, our lives are incredibly exciting and this makes us endlessly happy. However, I think I thought that maybe the monster I'd created was fully formed, because this morning, after CB beautifully made the bed (in case I die and someone comes in and the bed isn't made and then thinks I'm a sloppy dead person, we've been over this) I thanked him, gave him a hug and said:

Me: "So, can I ask you a pillow favor?"
CB: "Oh God, now what?"
Me: "No, no, it's no big deal. It's just...have you ever noticed that the decorative pillows have zippers?"
CB: "Yeah."
Me: "If you happen to notice, do you mind turning the pillows zipper down?"
CB: "Wow. You are a piece of work."

So, you know.....he's still the CB we know and love, don't worry. 

Happy Wednesday! 

















7 comments:

  1. I love everything about this. The sweatshirt is amazing. I'm oh so happy that CB sent them an email, because I too, hate false advertising! :) Happy March Madness and thanks for the continued laughs! :) ---Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on a sec...have to Google MFEO. Is it going to be really obvious? If so I'll probably feel stupid. Wait! I just figured it out--no Google required. Made for each other. And yes, you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be you when I grow up -- Carol McG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite the aspiration...you should maybe spend some quality time on your personal life if these are your goals ;-)

      Delete
  4. What kind of uncouth, uncultured swine leaves zippers showing? You were right to correct his error :p

    ReplyDelete