Friday, August 1, 2014

Friday Wrapup

A lot to get to, so let's get to it!

***
I appreciate you all sticking with me since I've been an incredibly bad blogger lately. Things at work - and in life - have been hectic and just yesterday I exhaled after what was a crazy few weeks. So, now we can officially start the countdown to Weddingpalooza because my focus is back on what's really important in life - parties! (oh, and love. But mainly parties.) Which means I might become unbearable, but maybe also entertaining? So, stay tuned next week when I'm back in full force!

Anyway. I saw this video this morning, which is a bunch of puppies expressing to me how they feel now that my one work deadline is behind me and it's Friday.

Same, puppies. Same.




***

So, recently my readership has grown a bit and part of this - for sure - is due to the fact that I have a new PR person working for me. His name is Jay and he lives in my building and I didn't hire him, nor does he know that he's my PR person. But he does it anyway, and it's awesome and embarrassing all at the same time.

Example:

The other evening I was in our apartment's shuttle van on the way home from work, and one of the other residents leaned forward to ask me a question:

Resident: "Excuse me, what's your name again?"
Me: "Becky."
Resident: "Right, Becky. Well, I just wanted to tell you that I started reading your blog...."
Me: "Oh no! How did you find out about...oh wait, Jay told you, right?"
Resident, laughing: "Yep! He told me I had to check it out and that it's so funny."
Me: "Oh my gosh, I'm so embarrassed. I haven't even really been blogging much lately because I've been so busy."
Resident: "Well I've only read about two so far, but it really is funny."
Me: "I'm gonna' kill Jay. He tells everyone!"
Other resident: "Oh yeah, the other day in the shuttle he was talking to me about it! He was joking that, because of your fans wanting to know more about you, we should have a TMZ-type van that drives through the neighborhood and points out where you live and then he'd be like 'Oh, she's upstairs at the pool. But I can only take three people at a time, so the rest of you will have to wait and take turns.'"
Me: "Oh my gosh, he really should be doing my PR. He tells more people about the blog than I do!"

And then we all laughed about how Jay is the best - and also maybe should be getting paid for his services?

So, I just wanted to give him a shout out here on the blog because, um, you probably know him already. Because he's probably told you that you have to read this blog. And then explained that he wasn't sure if it's cool that he reads it because he's a guy, but then got confirmation from other guys that they read it, too, and so it's OK if you're a guy and you want to read a blog about my underpants without being a creep. (I've heard that conversation happen more than once.)

So....hi, Jay! Check's in the mail!

***

Um, I hope this bear is hanging out around the Indian Ocean in a few weeks so when I start panic-flapping, s/he'll casually come and save me in between bites of food. I love this.


***

My dad is the best and keeps our little book blog afloat in times when I promise for weeks that I'm going to post something and then don't. However, my sister reassured me earlier this week that she has a book she's going to post about, so let's all just assume we'll be seeing that up there next week so we can give my dad a break AND I don't have to write anything, either! Because I'm the worst at doing it in a timely fashion.

ANYWAY, this week's book is "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell" by Susanna Clarke. Click here to check it out and peruse around for some other good summer reads!

***

And now, the Video of the Week. Basically because the song is in my bones at the moment and I'm a sucker for a Pharrell beat. I'M ONLY HUMAN.

Happy Friday, you guys! See you Monday!





1 comment:

  1. Okay, I kind of adore how that crow is just all "What even just happened? I'm dead, right? No? Wait, what? Oh...duh... He thinks I'm dead. I've heard about this. JUST PLAY DEAD. Shhh... it's working...."

    ReplyDelete