Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Wrapup

IT'S THAT TIME. Let's get to it.

***

This is my life. The NFL draft is now my life. Thankfully, CB doesn't dance around the house like this (probably because he's a Jets fan and there's often little to dance about. I'M SORRY. But the truth hurts.)

However, because I'm a supportive fiance, I asked leading questions that would allow for 3-7 minute answers from CB, leaving me ample time to check Facebook, respond to email, and once in a while be like "No way! Really?" so that I showed just enough interest.

But THEN he told me that there was someone in the draft named HaHa and I stopped everything and immediately started making up fake NY Post and Daily News headlines in the dream that the Jets drafted him.

"No More Laughs for HaHa Now That He's a New York Jet."
"HaHa Laughing All the Way to the Bank with New York Jets Monster Contract."

You get the picture. I will say, though, that these headlines were a hit in my house last night and it was good to see CB laughing before the inevitable tears that will come if there are any more butt fumbles or torn ACL's (which some in his family blame on me because I'm bad Jets juju or something. It has nothing to do with team management, you guys.)

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! (now we've exhausted all knowledge I have, or care about, the NFL draft.)


***

This week's book is....WHAT? That's right. We all slacked. But since we were together last weekend (well, three of the four of us), I will give everyone a pass for ONE WEEK. But that's all.

What are you reading?

***

The simple reason behind posting this is because I can't not laugh. I laugh when other people laugh, and hearing the word "badonkadonk" is always funny to me. Plain and simple.





***

And now, the Video of the Week. Um, if you didn't know already, Sunday is Mother's Day. So, this week's video has a dual purpose: 1, it has the word "mother" in it, so it's appropriate for the occasion and 2, it's so 90s it almost hurts. That hair. The outfit. It's so deliciously 90s.

Also, it reminds me of Courtney because we used to listen to this song all the time and think we were deep. You're weird when you're 16, what can I say.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom who basically nailed it in the mom department, making all other mother's feel inadequate, as she's known to do. But seriously - happy mother's day to all of you mom's out there, I hope you enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment