Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Funday!


It’s raining sideways, my hair has decided that I’m not in charge today, and I don’t think my coffee has kicked in yet.

TGIF! It’s the Friday Wrapup!

First of all, thanks to all of you for your comments, emails, and posts yesterday for our One Year Blogiversary! It’s Good Times City up in here, thanks to you guys.

***

So I’m slightly sleepier than I would normally be, thanks to CB introducing me to an addictive app called SongPop. Oh holy crap, you guys, this game is everything that is right with the world and taps into many of my strengths: a healthy and competitive spirit, addiction to terribly wonderful 80s and 90s music, and a killer ability to aggressively high five when CB and I dominate the leader board.

Also, CB should simply know better by now, and so I blame him for creating a monster. He casually told me about it around 8:30, and by 10:15 I was like “We must put our phones away immediately! I’ll never sleep again!” And then he said a silent prayer of thanks for ending up with someone so intensely cool.

Anyway, I'm sleepy is the moral of the story. 

***

I’m actually in the midst of writing a book review for the book blog and should have it posted later this weekend. So, keep an eye out next Friday for that and, in the meantime, check out the blog here for some reading inspiration! 

***

And now, the Video of the Week. These guys came onto my iPod this morning as I was making my way through the tsunami of rain and it just seemed fitting for a rainy day. Also, CB sometimes comments on my music, pointing out that "for as Rainbow Brite as you are in all other things, your literature and your music sound like you're the most depressed, bleak person on the planet." Which I obviously take as a compliment.  Enjoy!


Happy Friday, everyone! 

8 comments:

  1. I think "Rainbow Brite" is a wonderful compliment!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy SITS Day! Congrats on your blogiversary, too! I have heard of song pop but I haven't tried it out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bloggiversary and Happy SITS Day! I've heard of Song Pop, but thus far, I've stayed very far away! I have yet to recover from discovering Words with Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should play each other in SongPop. Not too brag but I DOMINATE. (Trash talking, I believe the kids call it?)My username is Heather A.

    ReplyDelete